Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Saint Patty's Day

For St. Patrick's Day Echo had to make a Leprechaun trap for school.  We decorated a big box and made a trap hole with a gold coin hanging over it.  When the kids left their traps at school overnight those sneaky Leprechauns stole all the gold without getting trapped!  But they did leave the kids some treats.

For dinner that night we had over some of Beau's cousins that live in the Boise area that we have been long overdue getting together with.  We made some of the Donovan's famous Irish Pasties along with other green side dishes and treats and root beer in a bottle.  It was really fun visiting and catching up with everyone.
Echo and Afton - Echo thought she needed to put frosting on her chim so that she would look like Afton for the picture.
Abby, Jared, and Ben
The three cousins- Beau, Jared, and Robbie

2 comments:

Abby said...

Thanks for getting us all together! The dinner was very yummy and it sure was fun to catch up. Afton is still so giddy about the necklace that Echo gave her. We need to get this kiddies together for a play date soon.

McCallisters said...

Emily, what's your exact due date? Mine is June 11th. I think we are almost the same.

I loved your turkey story below. In New York there were wild turkeys everywhere and they would stalk my car. As soon as I pulled in, they would walk up to the side of the door and not let me out. Turkeys are big! I wonder how that zebra likes Weiser? I hope there is somewhere warm for it to hang out!