Monday, January 12, 2009

The Happiest (and Wettest) Place on Earth

After Beau's graduation we headed down to southern California to go to Disneyland.  That day there was a horrible storm that went through and we got poured on all morning.  We were all soaked from head to toe, even with ponchos and umbrellas.  About half way through the day we ended up taking a break to go back to the condo and change our clothes and dry out for a minute before heading back.  After that the rain had stopped and we were much more comfortable.  The rain wasn't all bad though, there was hardly anyone at the park that day!  We were walking right on to almost every ride and sometimes if there was no one in line we could stay on the ride and go again.  I think Beau and Echo went three times in a row on Pirates.

The funnest part of Disneyland was seeing Echo experience it for the first time.  The first thing we headed to was the Princess party.  Echo got to meet three princesses one on one.  She was so cute and completely star struck!
Echo and Snow White
Echo and Sleeping Beauty
Echo and Cinderella
I had to add in this funny story really fast.  We were walking down the pathway and Echo all of the sudden screams "Mom, watch out!"  We didn't even see it but this little guy was right in front of me.  Echo was so worried it was going to attack me.
Echo also got the chance to meet Santa and his reindeer!  
Echo telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas.
Echo on the Merry Go Round
The entire park was all decked out in Christmas lights and decorations.  I especially loved New Orleans square, this picture doesn't quite do it justice.
Being pregnant I couldn't go on any of the really big rides but I got to do something that I always have wanted to do at Disneyland.  We ate lunch at the Blue Bayou, it is the restaurant that you float past when you first get on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  Normally you have to have a reservation but because of the rainy day they were able to squeeze us in.
Beau, Echo, and my Mom and Dad
I did go one one big ride, Splash Mountain.  This is my favorite ride and I couldn't resist.  Sorry baby!
Echo's Favorite Ride
At Christmas time they change the Haunted Mansion into the Nightmare Before Christmas ride.  We all like it much better as this ride.  Echo absolutely loves this movie and would have ridden this ride all day if we would have let her.

Echo calls this the Jack ride because of Jack the Pumpkin King.
Echo's Least Favorite Ride
The Matterhorn, or as Echo calls it, snow mountain.  The yetties really freaked her out and she refused to ride this one again.
She was all smiles before the ride and was not happy at all afterward.
It's a Small World After All is another one that they really do a lot of work to at Christmas.  The whole ride is decorated in Christmas from around the world and they sing Christmas songs instead of the regular song.  
Echo and Dad
Echo and Mom
Here are a few pics from inside.
This one is for you Aunt Erica
Mele Kalikimaka
The outside at night.  The clock has a Santa hat on.
Here are Echo and Grandma in Toon Town.  I took a bunch more in Toon Town but my camera lens went foggy from all the rain.
Cinderella's Castle

Downtown Disney
There really is nothing like Disneyland at Christmas.  It just makes it that much more magical.
And I will end this super long post with Tinkerbell.  May all your dreams come true!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Awwwww! Thanks for the shout out! I love the Hawaiian picture! So jealous!

Laura said...

I don't blame you Echo. I think the Matterhorn is scary too. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like quite the trip! My little M would have been excited out of her gourd to meet all those princesses!!