This weekend Erica and Jared and their bro and sis in law - John and Karina came down to visit. Saturday me and my Dad tagged along with them to go on a beautiful hike maybe ten minutes out of Cedar in Kannarraville. You follow the river and hike in the river most of the way up. Sometimes you are waist deep in the water - which is still pretty chilly right now. Part of the way up you start getting into beautiful canyons and waterfalls. Sorry most of these are scenic shots.

This was one of my favorite waterfalls. and yes, you really do climb up this rickety ladder to continue on up the hike.

Here is the next falls you come to.

You can't see it very well, but this falls has a natural waterslide on it. It was so cold but we all went down it at least once.

Here are some hiking shots. There is one of Erica on the slide. The one of me and Dad was the top waterfall we got to. We couldn't go any further because the ladder at the falls was broken, you can kind of see it on the right.

If you are ever in the area this hike is a must do, it was so fun.
3 comments:
I have never done this hike. how did I live in Cedar for so long and never hear about this one?
Ditto to the above comment. How cool is that hike? Does it have a name?
This was the first I had ever done it too, and I really loved it. I guess there was an article not long ago saying this hike was one of Utah's best kept secrets. You get to it by taking a road right in the middle of Kanarraville. I think the hike is called Kanarraville Falls. It is not formally marked, you just have to know where it is.
Post a Comment