Sunday, June 29, 2008

Echo and the little dog from hell.

Today Echo wanted me to take some pictures of her in her Sunday dress. I wanted to take them outside but Echo is terrified of the neighbors little dogs. I thought that they had already left on vacation so after a lot of persuasion she agreed to go outside.
We got a few good pictures and Porter wandered over close to the neighbors yard so me and Echo went to grab him to go inside. Right then the neighbors little dog came running out at us! I had Porter in one arm and Echo in the other and we ran all the way back to our door with that stupid little dog on our heels yipping the whole way. Echo was screaming at the top of her lungs. So much for being a good mom, I think it is going to take a while to get Echo's trust back and get rid of her phobia of being in the front yard.
Echo in the front yard.
This is another funny story. Porter kicks his blankets off every night when he is going to sleep, so after he is asleep I sneak in and put the blankets back on. A few nights ago I snuck in and found this. After I had put him to bed he went and got the Arial doll from Echo's bed to sleep with him. I thought it was so cute I had to run and get my camera.

7 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

Emily, I need to come teach you about how to become calm and assertive when dealing with dogs, only then can you also become THE DOG WHISPERER. It's one of my favorite shows on the National Geographic Channel. Seriously, it'll help you and Echo learn to deal with cranky little ankle bitters. I have two little dogs and for some reason it's always the little dogs that scare kids the most. They're so yippy. But there's ways to become the dominate one. I could go on forever. I'm sorry Echo doesn't trust you anymore...good luck with that one!! :)

By the way...how did Beau feel about Ariel in Porter's bed? :)

Brady and Karen said...

Echo looks like such a young lady!

Allison said...

Great Pictures! My kids hate little dogs too. I am worried about my sister's dog that lives with my parents, it could be stressful.

Devin and Amber said...

Bring the kids up to Price for a visit and we will help Echo get over the fear of dogs!

coconutgoddess said...

hey friend! we have to hook up sometime, are you coming up to provo? Let me know! Echo is so big now!

Kolt Time 71 said...

if you listen to devin, your going to get more than what you bargained for! Trust me, Elvise will teach her better than grunthy grunt grunt (grunther)!!!

McCallisters said...

I can't believe how long Echo's hair is. Very cute.