January 2009
Yesterday came home from work and Echo asked how my day was. Me: " Well we had to crack open this guys chest to do surgery on his heart." Echo: " Oh, did he fall out of love so his heart needed to be fixed?" Me: No
October 2008
Echo got a music player for her birthday and has been listening to it constantly. One of my proudest moments as a father was when Echo realized what great music AC/DC has contributed to society and asked me "Dad can you put 'TNT' on my iPod?". It is great to have offspring who appreciate the classics.
July 2008
Echo was driving up to Idaho with Beau after having lunch with my sister Erica. Erica had broken her foot and had a boot and crutches and Echo couldn't stop looking at it. While in the car Echo put baby wipes on her own foot and said:"Dad, pretend that I broke my foot and that I have a cast. And then pretend that Aunt Erica died and I got her stick."(meaning her crutch)June 23rd 2008
So it has been about six months since the last quote. Here is a recent conversation I had with Echo on the phone after church.Echo: Dad do you remember when Heavenly Father died for us?Dad: No it was Jesus.Echo: No Dad it was Heavenly Father.Dad: OkayEcho: Well remember when he died he made us all good.Dad: No he made it so we can return and live with him if we are good.Echo: Bye Dad.
February 2008
For Valentines Day Grandma Walker sent Echo a book on princess manners. During dinner, with a mouth full of food Echo proclaims: "Princesses never talk with their mouth full!"
December 2007
Recent conversation between Echo and Beau after Beau gave Echo some chocolate:
Echo: No thanks, I don't want it.
Beau: Why?
Echo: It has nuts.
Beau: You don't like nuts?
Echo: Only squirrels like nuts.
November 5 2007
We were staying at Justin and Elsie's house and Echo was having a hard time going to sleep and she kept saying, "This pillow makes my head so frustrated!"
October 6 2007
STRANGER DISCUSSION
First Try-Mom and Dad:Echo, what would you do if a stranger wanted you to go with them to eat some candy?Echo:I would go eat it!(Now we have a long conversation about how this is a trap.)Second Try-Mom and Dad:Echo, what would you do if a stranger wanted you to go with them to eat some candy?Echo:I would go and fight them so they won't trap my friends.Third Try-Mom and Dad:Echo, what would you do if a stranger wanted you to go with them to eat some candy?Echo:I would run away and tell my mommy.Good job Echo!
September 25 2007
So tonight I had my stethoscope out and Echo was getting ready for bed. She comes up and says "Can I listen to your heart?" "Yeah if I can lay on the couch." So she walks up with the stethoscope in her ears and begins her exam. (She was in the process of put her PJ's on so at this stage she is just in her underwear) "Dad I'm a naked doctor but that's okay". She then proceeds to listen to my chest and says "Dad you don't have boobs only a chest." "Dad take a deep breath..........good job!" Then while still listening to my heart she says " Okay open your mouth." Then as if she was just about to tell me I had terminal cancer she says "Oh man. There is something wrong in your mouth, there is something like a food in your teeth!" Then she smiles, looks me in the eyes and says "your heart sounds really good." After which she took off the stethoscope and says "Can I watch Yo Gabba Gabba now?"
September 14 2007
We were at the Blickenstaffs house and a little earlier I had made Echo eat all her spaghettios at dinner. She came in with a bloody nose and said, "See! I told you I didn't want to eat those Spaghettios! Now I have red boogers!"
August 31 2007
"There's a party in my tummy! So yummy! So yummy!"This has been Echo's favorite line from a really weird TV show called Yo Gabba Gabba. She has been saying it constantly the past few days.
July 10 2007
Here is a conversation between me and Echo earlier this week.Me: Echo, do you want to hear a secret?Echo: Yes!Me: Aunt Katelyn is going to have a baby!Echo: Wow! That is so great! Mom, do you want to hear a secret?Me: What?Echo: Grandma is going to have a baby!
July 5 2007
This is Echo's favorite thing to say right now: "What you said?" I think she will automatically say it whether she understands us or not.
Porter also has a quote this week. Me and Beau were sitting down with Porter on my lap and I said, "Porter, say Ma Ma." and Porter said "Ma Ma!" then Beau said, "Porter, say Da Da." and Porter blew a great big raspberry. I was laughing so hard.
June 24 2007
Lately when we have been saying family prayers Echo thinks that she needs to tell us what to say. Tonight while Beau was praying Echo said, "Say please bless that Jesus and the Holy Ghost can be friends and that they will play with the kids." Me and Beau couldn't stop giggling and Beau barely made it through the prayer.
June 10 2007
Here is a recent conversation between Echo and Beau: Echo yelling from the bathroom: "Dad, I went potty!" Beau: "Number one or number two?" Echo: "Number three!"
May 25 2007
"Hers is not a toy! Hers a baby!" (We were looking at pictures of Hazel and Emily stated that she looked like such a doll).
May 8 2007
Echo was going potty yesterday and found herself at the end of the toilet paper roll. Not only did she think that the roll needed to be replaced but also the holder (the plastic post that the toilet paper roll hangs on). So she grabbed a tampon and put it through the center of the toilet paper roll and tried to hang it. I walked in as she was assembling her invention and trying to fix it on the holder. She looked at me and frustratedly told me that it was broken.
May 1 2007
I am not "baby Echo" I am "just Echo"! (There are three generations of Echos in our family and to tell them apart our Echo got classified as Baby Echo. Echo thinks that she is a big girl now and did not want anyone calling her baby Echo when we were with the family over the wedding.)
April 22 2007
Echo has been doing a really funny Porter impression lately, she talks in a really high baby voice, it is pretty cute. Porter was playing with a toy lion and Echo wanted it. Porter made a gaga sound and this is what Echo said. "Did you hear that Dad? Porter said "I'm all done. I'm all done with the lion."
April 15 2007
"Mom, Dad likes to watch Star Whores."
(Echo can't say wars yet.)
April 8 2007
"That baby chick is not food!"
(Echo was watching a special on the Discovery channel with Beau where a wolf stole a baby chick and took it to its pups.)
No comments:
Post a Comment