We went all over the place this spring break. It was a TON of driving but a lot of fun! We went through Idaho, Utah, Oregon, and Washington. I know, three kids in the car for that much driving is crazy, but it was really fun to see so many family and friends.
We passed two different towns named Echo, one in Utah and one in Oregon.
Park City/Midway, UT
This was the house that I used to live in when I was little. It seemed so big then, I still remember a lot of fun memories there even though we moved when I was in Kindergarten.
This is the old barn by the house. I can't believe it is still standing! I used to find tons of stray kittens to play with in there.
We met up with my parents and Nate in Midway. We had so much fun playing and shopping in Park City, Midway, and Heber. Echo and Nate played non stop and had so much fun together.
The place near the worldmark was super nice, we walked all around it one morning. There are natural hot springs all over this area, they had tubes that shot out the warm water and made these cool ice castles.
Cool Cousins
Here is one of many hot pots that were all over the place.
My Dad and Piper
Echo and Nate battled it out on a huge chess board...
and shuffle board
Little kids in a little house.
Echo and Nate thought this statue was a leprachan.
Dad, Piper, Nate, Echo, Porter, and Mom
Walking around the pond.
This pond had tons of huge goldfish in it, the water was actually warm from the hot springs.
Lighting McQueen ended up going for a swim, luckily a worker there was able to fish him out with a rake. Lightning was in about every spot of water came across on our trip.
The kids had so much fun swimming at the pool there. Here they are rinsing off after a long swim.
Tri-Cities, WA
We had so much fun visiting the Thomason family in the Tri-Cities, we went to the movies, out to eat, played cards, and had a fun day at the park before we left. We had a yummy picnic and there was a huge playground there but all the kids wanted to do was go play down by the river.
Piper had fun watching the action.
Paige, finishing up her lunch.
Lindsey, Brooke, and Paige enjoying some sun.
Cute little Meg, the kids tried to keep their pants dry at first but I think in the end they still all got soaked.
Throwing rocks
Beau and Aaron skipping rocks
Echo, Meg, and Brooke
Coeur d'Alene, ID/Spokane, WA
Last but not least we headed up to Spokane for a visit with Erica and Jared. Their friends Heidi and Jordan were kind enough to babysit the kids one night while we all went out on a date night. I tried my first California Roll and I actually liked it. Then we headed out for some fun underground mini golf where me and Beau got smoked by Erica and Jared. In fact Beau and I had bad luck the whole weekend when it came to games, we also got killed at hand and foot.
The only pictures I got were of the day we went over to Coeur d'Alene. It was so cold but still beautiful.
Me and Piper
Beau and Piper
Echo thought the playground was pretty fun, except for when me and Erica kept stopping her to take pictures.
While we were at the park Beau and Porter were back over at the lake and Porter threw in Lightning McQueen again. This time it was long gone in deep water. After many tears we spotted a Wal-Mart on the drive home and were able to pick up a new one. This makes at least 10 Lightnings that we have gone through.
4 comments:
Whew, you are my hero. I need all your tips for my drive this summer. I love the picture of Echo and the sign, I love that you stopped to take it. My family did that once with a sign for Chatfield Avenue a street in CA.
Love the pictures! Your camera takes such sharp good pictures...not to mention the great photographer taking the pictures:)
We LOVED having you guys here. Thanks for making us part of your trip. You are welcome here ANYTIME.
I found some clothes of Porters. I can bring them when I come through at the end of the month.
Welcome Home!
What a fun trip. I see you mentioned Hand and Foot. We play that all the time with Ryan's family. We will definitely have to get together some time and play!
It was fun to see you guys while you were in Heber! What is the game hand and foot? We love playing games too, but hate to lose.
Post a Comment