Today was Echo's first day of school. She has been asking everyday for months now when this day would come and today it was finally here. She could hardly contain her excitement! She is at school right now as I am writing this and I am missing her already. There is a part of you as a Mom that wants your child to cling on and not want you to leave when you drop them off at school, not immediately run in and start playing and say, "See ya Mom!" She is definitely ready though, I am just not sure that I am. I can't believe that my baby is old enough to go to school.

So Excited!
Echo and her Teacher

Already playing and ready to learn.
I love my girl! I am so proud of you Echo!
8 comments:
She is so adorable!!! I'm sure it broke your heart that she didn't want you to stay with her!!! Kids are so funny!!!
She'll love Mrs. Ekker! She lived in my parents apartments for a while and I remember her being so nice.
Em's ....you think you are old? Think of how we feel...our first grandchild is old enough to go to school!!!!
Echo sure looks grown up! Oh hold on tight..the wild ride of raising kids is about to begin! and trust me it is a very fast ride and before you know it, it's over!
Sweet, sweet Echo! Way to go!
Hey Emily, this is Art! your kids are growing up quick. I seem to remember you being about that big not too long ago! I got a kick out of the 5-year-olds playing soccer. Lots more entertaining than 5-year-old softball I must say.
In case you're interested, we've started up our own blog. You can check it out at http://thegoodlookinsherwoods.blogspot.com/
Wow, Echo! Good luck at school! Mason is going to your old pre-school here in California.
Sadie just started kinder too, and I was very sad. It wasn't any easier with my second than it was with my first. But like Echo, she was so excited and so ready. And she is loving it. It's so hard to let them grow up, but how can we hold them back?
p.s. She is a beautiful girl. But you already knew that.
Post a Comment