Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friend Campout on Mt. Diablo

This weekend we had a really fun campout with some friends from our ward on Mount Diablo. It was our first time there and we really liked it. The view from our campground was amazing! Unfortunately there was a high fire danger so we couldn't have a campfire but we were still able to cook our tinfoil dinners over hot coals and visit at night over lantern light. I was suprised at the raccoons that we faced up there! They circled our camp and came in for our garbage once while we were awake. They tried to raid the camp while we were sleeping but Cory hid our food in his car so they didn't have much luck at our camp.
Top Left: The Berretts Top Right: The Edwards
Bottom Left: The Walkers Bottom Right: The Rasmussens
Kids in bottom left corner: Adelaide, Blake, Ellie, Echo, and Rachel






I just have to comment on the view we had. At night we had a gorgeous sunset and the clouds started rolling in from the bay. You can kind of see how it looked by clicking on the picture above. I have never seen anything like it. It looks like a wave of cloud.

5 comments:

Dale and Linda said...

That is beautiful, wish we could have been there with you. The clouds in the pictures look so much like ocean waves.
Camping is a lot of fun! I'm glad that you could get out there and enjoy it. Is Mt. Diablo the place where the big spiders are?

Kolt Time 71 said...

Seemed you guys had a FUN time! I wish i could have gone!

Lacy said...

That was fun. You guys have some great shots.

Unknown said...

Looks fun! We wanted to go camping before we left Wisconsin, but it rained on the only day we could have gone...too bad.

Anonymous said...

i was so not invited! omg... how sad.